Is any one here that can actually help? Pro Se IP litigation

Asked over 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

Please, before getting excited just to write to get some point, or just to act that you are human and caring read.
They call it PRO SE, why any of you would think we like to even see a judge or a lawyer in the first place? Oh, do not answer this one!
I give you an example:
1- I have a clear case of IP litigation, with proofs in my hands, to give you a hint the law that has been violated is U.S.C 17 101and set forth 504(c)(2)
2- In the last almost three years I have seen many of you, Pro Bono and much more!
No one is willing to take this case, for what ever reason!
To you all, have some manners and do not reply: Good luck to you, or you must consult an attorney!

1. Pamela Koslyn

10

Answered . You're got such an offensive, entitled and self-righteous attitute I doubt you'll have any luck getting anyone to help you pro bono, but you might try Legal Aid (who are paid by the taxpayers) or Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (who ae actual volunteers, so you'll have to be a whole lot more nice and grateful).

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/is-any-one-he...

2. Richard Straussman

7

Answered . There are law schools that have legal clinics who specifically handle helping people bring pro se actions. The students learn and you get assistance. Since you apparently you have some issue with practicing lawyers, that is probably your best bet. Search for "legal clinic" or "law clinic" along with "law school" and the subject matter area (e.g. "copyright" or "intellectual property") and that should give you good leads. Good luck.

3. John E. Whitaker

7

Answered . If you have a good case, you should be able to easily find a contingent fee lawyer, which would cost you nothing unless you won. To ask for some one to take your case for free, without even knowing anything about it, is just plain unrealistic. Lawyers have an ethical obligation to evaluate cases and not bring the ones that don't have any merit. I fear that the reason you have been unable to secure a lawyer is because your case falls into that merit less category.
    That said, I take most cases on a contingent fee basis and would be willing to consider your case, with no promises that I would take it.

4. Richard Straussman

6

Answered . As a follow up to my post above, here is a legal clinic that may be able to help. Note that I have no affiliation with, or knowledge of them or their work. Just trying to give you a lead.

http://www.usfca.edu/law/ipjustice/

5. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

3

Answered . OMG you are something else!

"why any of you would think we like to even see a judge or a lawyer in the first place?" Well, you have to go to court to collect if the other side doesn't see it so clearly as you and won't voluntarily pay because the court has exclusive jurisdiction over copyright infringement claims. And, to do that you need a lawyer. And I deduce that you are back on Avvo with your charming wit because deep down you know you like us and need us. Hugs & kisses!

"I have a clear case of IP litigation" If you do why not state it? We are lawyers and before we invest our time or money in your case in preference to others we have under consideration we need to see for ourself. We may not agree that it is so clear, particularly if "No one is willing to take this case, for what ever reason" Generally the reason if insufficient case value or lack of merit.

"to give you a hint" (aahhh the "pig in a poke" play!)

"the statute that has been violated is USC 17 101 and set forth 504(c)(2)" Presumably you meant to say 17 USC 106 not 101 since 101 is definitions, which are legal truisms and thus hard to violate whereas 106 defines the exclusive copyright "rights" that can be violated. And, you don't mean 504(c)(2) is violated, but rather that it applies such that statutory damages would be collectable.

Your misstatements of the law make your reasoning suspect.

Your flippant, ranting, pompous, and frankly, very offensive, manner would make you extremely difficult to work with and extremely poor as a witness. Perhaps that is your nature, in which case you are on your own as we have nice clients to choose from, or perhaps it is just frustration which we generally discount as par for the course when infringed and .

Now, I suppose you are "venting" because you think you know your copyright is infringed and you think you know you have a slam dunk case and you think we should jump at the chance to work with someone as charming as you. Jurors don't like to see the hind end of a donkey like you are showing, they like a cordial gentleman, which is (you won't believe it but it's quite true) why most trial lawyers are very likeable, decent and pleasant (they have to be to be convincing).

I think you should call attorney Daniel Ballard in Sacremento. Your personalities might jive and he is a great copyright attorney who claims to represent primarily plaintiffs (IP owners). But then, he will probably turn you down if he has not done so already.

Oh, we attorneys must often consult other attorneys. Unlike you we don't already know it all.

.