Is any attorney in manhattan interested in working on contingency to enforce a judgement of divorce.

New York, NY |

My ex will not follow the judgement of divorce in 2007 regarding monies divided. Its a lot of money owed me. If interested, please write back. As I understand it, a lawyer who is working on enforcing a judgment of divorce through a motion to the court a a order to show cause can work on contingency.

In New York, an attorney is ethically barred from handling any matrimonial case on a contingency.

According to many lawyers since its a breach of an agreement a lawyer can work on contingency do u agree

Penelope J Blizzard-McGrath

Penelope J Blizzard-McGrath

It's a matrimoinal contempt action. No lawyer in New York State can work on any matrimonial action on a contigency basis.

Penelope J Blizzard-McGrath

Penelope J Blizzard-McGrath

It's a post-judgment matrimonial action.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Recommended articles about Divorce