Is an option under the law for a corporation to update its record with Florida division of corporation or is it an obligation ?

Hollywood, FL |

my condo fail to update it record with with Florida division of corporation. is it legal ? it is an option to update record or an obligation to update record after each change on the condo board? by the way , can the they omit to add name of some member of the board?

1. The Annual Report filed with the Division of Corporations must accurately reflects officers and directors as of the date of filing. Pursuant to Section to 817.155, it is a 3rd Degree Felony to knowingly file a false document with the Division of Corporations.

This response shall neither be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship nor constitute legal advice but rather is intended to provide general information about a complex legal issue.

2. Mr. Litvak's response pinpoints the time in question--when the annual report is filed. Changes which occur afterward do not have to be reported.

I hope you found this response to be helpful. If so, your clicking "helpful" and/or "best answer" helps my Avvo rating and would be appreciated. This answer shall not be considered rendering legal advise but instead a general response to a general question. Avvo is a wonderful resource but nothing can substitute for an in-depth consultation face-to-face with a lawyer. The response shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship, nor shall it create an obligation on the part of the attorney to respond to further inquiry from the questioner.

3. On the filing date, it's required for the company's filing with the Florida Division of Corporations to be updated.

Small business topics