Is an open container in public an infraction or misdemeanor 21+ in Hermosa Beach CA

Hermosa Beach, CA |

I received an open container citation on new years eve. I was in public and near a trash can. the officer marked misdemeanor on the ticket. However I consulted an attorney and he said he's almost positive it's an infraction. The clerk at the traffic court where it's being handled said it's not a misdemeanor also. Should I pay the fine or try to fight it. Will it show up on my background check

1. Post the statute in which you where cited and I can tell you if it's a mis. or infraction.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this website should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.