Is an open container in public an infraction or misdemeanor 21+ in Hermosa Beach CA

Asked almost 2 years ago - Hermosa Beach, CA

I received an open container citation on new years eve. I was in public and near a trash can. the officer marked misdemeanor on the ticket. However I consulted an attorney and he said he's almost positive it's an infraction. The clerk at the traffic court where it's being handled said it's not a misdemeanor also. Should I pay the fine or try to fight it. Will it show up on my background check

1. Answered . Post the statute in which you where cited and I can tell you if it's a mis. or infraction.