Is an ignition interlock device required for a 3rd DWI?

Asked 8 months ago - San Antonio, TX

The first two were DUIs (same statutes) in a different state, 7 and 8 years ago. How long will the IID be required during revocation? With a breathalyzer refusal and a blood draw. Don't have the BAC yet.

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

8

Answered . What revocation? Most judges would require you to have an Interlock as a condition of bond in this situation--and as a condition of probation if that is the ultimate result.

2. Deepali Meenu Walters

8

Answered . The device is required by statute as a condition of bond for the whole time you are on bond, and then probably will be ordered either the entire probation or half of it.

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with my Texas colleagues. You will probably need IID for entire time of probation.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY
  4. Jacqueline R. Kriebel

Pro

2

Answered . You will have the Ig Interlock the entire time. It is a statutory requirement.