Is an attorney serving as a Guardian Ad Litem in a parental rights termination allowed to represent the foster parent adopting?

Houston, TX |

My daughter has a mental illness and her rights were terminated to her baby. However, I filed an intervention before the baby was a month old. The attorney representing my grandchild never considered me. My grandchild was placed with the adoptive foster parent before my daughters rights were terminated. She was at the trial. I appealed my intervention. However, this same attorney changed hats and represented the foster mother in the adoption. It is confirmed by the court. Since he was still a party to the case during the appeal, it seems unethical that he pushed the adoption through with case pending. He is also an Associate Judge in this same court which I believe gave him some preference in this matter to interfere. I feel uneasy about what happen but can't afford an attorney.

It all sounds fishy to me, too. Look up the Commission on Judicial Conduct or the Texas equivalent and write them a detailed letter. I can't guarantee you will get any satisfaction but it's probably your only recourse.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody