Is an agreement via email a binding agreement? I am in California. Please see below.

Asked over 1 year ago - Elk Grove, CA

One of my neighbors had sent me an email offering to sell his house to me and I accepted the offer. He then turned around and sent me an email containing all the specific information(see below), can I hold him to this agreement? He has now stated that he is going to list the house.

"Tricia and I discussed it last night and if you would like the house for 245M it is yours. Same terms as before prequel letter, 1% deposit, as is, etc.

Per our phone conversation the offer is to be structured as follows

Selling price $245,000

20% down
Pre qualification letter submitted with offer
Home is to be sold as is
1% earnest deposit with 7 day contingency
Closing
Title
misc
Close/Sign on 7/8/2013
All docs to Tanya by 4:00 pm Thursday or offer is rescinded her email address is above"

1. Sean Patrick Lewis

Answered . Have you performed your end according to the agreement? You should immediately contact a real estate attorney to make sure you rights are protected.

Who is Tanya?