Is an agreement via email a binding agreement? I am in California. Please see below.

Elk Grove, CA |

One of my neighbors had sent me an email offering to sell his house to me and I accepted the offer. He then turned around and sent me an email containing all the specific information(see below), can I hold him to this agreement? He has now stated that he is going to list the house.

"Tricia and I discussed it last night and if you would like the house for 245M it is yours. Same terms as before prequel letter, 1% deposit, as is, etc.

Per our phone conversation the offer is to be structured as follows

Selling price $245,000

20% down
Pre qualification letter submitted with offer
Home is to be sold as is
1% earnest deposit with 7 day contingency
Closing
Title
misc
Close/Sign on 7/8/2013
All docs to Tanya by 4:00 pm Thursday or offer is rescinded her email address is above"

1. Have you performed your end according to the agreement? You should immediately contact a real estate attorney to make sure you rights are protected.

Who is Tanya?

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com