Is alien registration (9 digits with 'A') number same as the registration # (8 numbers without 'A') in the passport?

San Francisco, CA |

I have an immigrant visa & waiting for my physical green card so not sure about my Alien # or green card #. I need to apply for my child (under 21) before I get those documents. In form I-130, it asks for Alien registration number. I have the registration number printed on the immigrant visa page.

It just says registration number : provides digit number. Registration # is underneath IV Case number.

It should be if the numbers are identical except that the 9-digit number contains a "0" after the "A".

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation, telephonic or in-person, by an attorney experienced in immigration law. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.

My registration # has nor '0' nor 'A' just 8 numbers.

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

All alien registration numbers start with the letter "A".

Recommended articles about Immigration