Is alameda county a 0 tolerance county???

Hayward, CA |

I read that Marin county is a 0 tolerance county and that they'll file charges for any amount of alcohol is alameda county the same way.....

1. Zero tolerance applies to persons under 21 or on probation for DUI. That is the case in every county across the State.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.

2. Zero tolerance is a statewide policy on under 21 drivers and those who are on DUI probation. Hope that answers your question.

Jasen Nielsen

3. I agree with the other advice. Additionally what you may have "heard" may relate to a county prosecutor's general charging and plea policy. That is, some prosecutor's offices like to announce that they never give wet reckless bargains to anyone charged with at or above a certain BAC or they claim that they never give conditional plea deals in other misdemeanor cases. Generally this is a lot rubbish and the the office will quickly change their "policies" when they routinely start losing jury trials because they are over charging cases. The point is Marin County, like all counties, is subject to California law and can only convict persons of offenses that can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Good luck.

4. I agree with the advice given to you in the comments above. You should retain counsel to help you in the event that you are charged.

DUI topics