Is aggrivated dwi (refusal to blow) going to prevent me from attaining immigration ? Is this a considered moral turpitude ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Cruces, NM

I was convicted of aggrivated dwi for not blowing into police breathalyzer "not wanting to self criminate myself" hence the aggravating factor. Is this against moral turpitude and grounds for rejection of n-400 application..

1. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . Depending on the exact language of the conviction/statute ... it 'might' be a problem.

Meet with a local attorney who knows the attitude of the local CIS examiners.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, including the court disposition and the charging documents, in order to advise you, and handle the case.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . If this incident happened within the past 5 years, it does not look like a good case for naturalization. However, discuss all facts with a competent immigration attorney to proceed.