Is a workers comp settlement taxable and if so at what rate?

Eureka, CA |

I am looking at a workers compensation settlement an someone said it was taxable?

1. no its not but you would have to check with your tax adviser if you have questions

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by providing feedback that the answer was either "helpful" or "best answer" as appropriate. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Connell is a Colorado attorney licensed in only that state. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question.

2. My udnerstanding is that WC benefits are not taxable but you should consult a CPA and/or tax attorney if you have information to the contrary.

3. It is my understanding that workers comp monies paid for a physical personal injury are exempt from Federal income taxes. But check with a tax advisor to be certain.

Or post the question here on AVVO under the "tax" category.

This answer is intended as general information and not as specific legal advice. If you want to have a free consultation with me, please contact me through AVVO.