Is a warrant automatically issued when a claimant states a "no contact order" has been violated?

Austin, TX |

I have a condition of probation which contains a "no contact order", not a protective order. If this person calls the police and states I contacted them or showed up at there home, what happens? I have contacted the police and given them my information. I have also advised them that I have a witness that will attest I was nowhere near this person.

1. The probation officer decides whether to ask the prosecutor's office to file a MOTION TO REVOKE PROBATION. If they agree to do so, a motion is filed and a judge hears the case and decides BY A PREPONDERANCE OF THE EVIDENCE whether you violated the terms of your probation order. If the probation officer doesn't believe the person and doesn't believe you violated the probation order's no contact provision they probably will not do anything to you.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

2. Contact Stuart Baggish. Attu in Austin. Also teaches law at UT. Brilliant

3. I don't know Texas law. Generally, however, violations of probation will not automatically result in a warrant, unless the violation is very serious. In the situation you describe, I would imagine a notice to you to appear would issue; usually no negative consequences flow until you are convicted of the violation following a hearing.

My responses to questions on Avvo are not intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and agreement for legal services. I am available to arrange for a free consultation at (973)455-1237 or (973)538-1758.