Is a thank you gift appropriate?

Asked almost 3 years ago - San Diego, CA

My attorney handled a probate for me and was very professional and worked hard on my behalf. I live out of the state where the probate occurred. I already sent her and her paralegal e-mail thanks but also want to send them both a gift of appreciation. Is this appropriate and if so any suggestions.... Wine, candle, chocolate etc. Thanks

1. John Bernard Palley

Pro

8

Answered . That's very nice of you. I think a box of candy, box of fruit, etc... are all well received by attorneys after a case. Likewise a thoughtful thank you note thanking them and their staff is always nice to receive!

2. Rabeh M. A. Soofi

8

Answered . Yes - there is nothing wrong with sending your attorney a gift. Any of the items you mentioned would be appropriate.

3. Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Pro

5

Answered . These gifts can be given.

4. Roberta Peters Clark

4

Answered . Any gift you give would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure. It's not often that an attorney receives a gift and anything is nice. A thank you note stating you appreciate the hard work the attorney and staff put into the matter is always nice and well received. See's candies and Mrs. Fields cookies have gift ideas if your really stuck. If they don't eat sweets, then maybe a fruit basket would be good.