Is a subsequent purchaser deemed to have notice of this mortgage lien?

Asked 10 months ago - Key Biscayne, FL

A mortgage was recorded on a real property, and no satisfaction of that mortgage was ever recorded. Is a subsequent purchaser deemed to have constructive notice that the mortgage lien still exists?

1. Samuel David Cooper

3

Answered . Yes. That is what recording is for.

2. Carol Anne Johnson

1

Answered . Yes. Since Florida is a notice state, such a recording means that a subsequent purchaser for value is on notice of the existence of the mortgage, whether they availed themselves of the information (actual notice) or not.

3. Marshall C Deason Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the other answers, but I would add that a complete answer would depend on how old the prior mortgage was and whether the date on which full payment of the mortgage was due. Enforcement of the prior mortgage might be barred by a statute of limitation.