Is a Protective Order Necessary?

Atlanta, GA |

My ex keeps calling and texting me saying he's going to print out a PG-13 photo I sent him while we were together, and show it to all of his co- workers whom are now my ex co- workers. I've told him to stop contacting me but he keeps contacting me and I'm scared he might show up to my home. Is a Protective Order necessary?

A Protective Order is designed to protect against imminent bodily injury. It is intended to protect the person who has a reasonable fear, based on past but recent experience, involving domestic violence. You have not stated anything in your answer that suggest that there is a likelihood of bodily injury. Based on what appears in your question, it does not appear that there is enough for you to get a Protective Order.

This information is of a general nature and is not intended to be relied upon as legal advise. You are encouraged to contact and discuss your matter with an experienced attorney to more specifically address your legal needs.

I'm being harassed. Is that not enough? I would have the protection order in case he tried to come around. A protection order should be useful in preventing someone from putting their hands on you. Instead they would rather for you to be beaten up before you can get a protection order?

Recommended articles about Personal injury