Is a pro se Irreconcilable Difference divorce or is it best to have an attorney even if its a simple one.

Pearl, MS |

Divorce

It's always best to have an attorney. Irreconcilable divorces are the least costly.

This creates NO attorney-client relationship and all answers are for general information. All persons are encouraged to consult with a licensed attorney of their choosing for advice specific to their need(s).

I know you'll believe this answer to self-serving on behalf of attorneys, but really, except in very rare circumstances, there are no simple divorces. There are issues many people do not think about.

My suggestion is for you to get an attorney, know your rights, so you can make informed decisions,

Best to you!

Just remember that the attorney for your spouse is only looking out for his/her interest. The attorney has no duty to you whatsoever. Some harmless sounding language could have major consequences later on. One often found in Property Settlement Agreements, is a statement that all taxes have been filed and are true and correct, but in the case of a tax deficiency, one party (you) is liable. Proceed with extreme caution.

This reply is provided for information purposes only and does not represent legal advice or an attorney-client relationship.

If both parties agree, it is still best to have someone review and prepare the documents for you. Seemingly simply language or lack of clauses can cause HUGE headaches latter on in a divorce. Especially if children are involved. Please at least consult with a lawyer. I know that I like many others on this site offer a free consultation

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.