Is a private university allowed to charge you for a class that you did not take after expelling you?

Miami, FL |

In 2009, I was a student at Full Sail University (private university). They added more courses without my consent to my degree program (adding more money). My mom got really angry and had an argument with the dean of the school. They expelled me due to my mother arguing (I have the letter). The statue of limitation has passed, however, the legal loop hole is the fact that they charged me for a course that I was never registered for AFTER when I got expelled. In addition, I got an F for that class.

I DIDNT EVEN REGISTER OR TAKE THAT CLASS!!!

This is something that's personal and out of retaliation.

What are my legal options here? How much can I sue for? What violations are here?

By the way, that money that they charged was financial aid money.

The school does not need your permission to change their curriculum. If they want to add more classes to a certain degree program, they can do so without student consent. Since it is a private school, a local lawyer would have to look at the contract and related paperwork you signed. Some schools have a policy stated in their contract that when you are enrolled in a certain major, you will be automatically enrolled in the next series of classes for that major, if you don't withdraw by a certain date, it will be automatically charged to you. It is hard to assess without seeing the paperwork. I would get a consultation with a local lawyer who can review all the paperwork and tell you what your rights are.

The financial aid system at Full Sail University covers tuition ahead, however, I was expelled two weeks later before the next semester. And I didn't withdraw, I was expelled. Even though that was back in 2009, I still intend to sue for the millions of dollars. Expelled me due to retaliation and charged me for a course I never took. How can you charge someone for a course that they never took and then give them a F. I got expelled from the university and two weeks later, I am still in the course? That is called malice and retaliation. In fact, the dean yelled and said, "I'm gonna make sure that I screw your son over by expelling him". Truth. I will never forget those words as my mom was telling her off by the phone. Full Sail University has been involved in financial aid scams. And they've been investigated. My rights were violated and I do intend on paying an attorney and I'm gonna screw them over right back.