Is a photocopy of N-445 acceptable for oath ceremony?

Saginaw, MI |

I had my N-400 interview about 6 months ago. I called immigration in late June and asked for an inquiry regarding out of processing time of my application. About 2 weeks after that I got a letter from immigration saying that my oath ceremony had been scheduled for August 11/2013. A photocopy of N-445 (not the original yellow notice) was enclosed in the letter Now it is about two weeks to that date. I have not received an official notice (yellow N-445). I called the CS of immigration and they told me that I would need to present the photocopy to attend the ceremony and no needs for the original. What should I do? Is a photocopy acceptable to be accepted to the ceremony, if I do not receive the original N-445?

You should attend the oath ceremony with the copy of the N-445 that you received, your green card, and any other photo ID that you have. It appears likely that USCIS will accept your photocopy. If not, then you should ask USCIS to provide you with another N-445 for a subsequent oath ceremony. Best of luck.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

Mr. Carlin is correct. I agree.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mr. Carlin is correct. I agree.

Follow the instructions you received.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.