Is a photocopy of N-445 acceptable for oath ceremony?

Asked about 1 year ago - Saginaw, MI

I had my N-400 interview about 6 months ago. I called immigration in late June and asked for an inquiry regarding out of processing time of my application. About 2 weeks after that I got a letter from immigration saying that my oath ceremony had been scheduled for August 11/2013. A photocopy of N-445 (not the original yellow notice) was enclosed in the letter Now it is about two weeks to that date. I have not received an official notice (yellow N-445). I called the CS of immigration and they told me that I would need to present the photocopy to attend the ceremony and no needs for the original. What should I do? Is a photocopy acceptable to be accepted to the ceremony, if I do not receive the original N-445?

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . You should attend the oath ceremony with the copy of the N-445 that you received, your green card, and any other photo ID that you have. It appears likely that USCIS will accept your photocopy. If not, then you should ask USCIS to provide you with another N-445 for a subsequent oath ceremony. Best of luck.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

1

Answered . Mr. Carlin is correct. I agree.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

1

4. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Follow the instructions you received.