Is a person with an H4 visa allowed to buy a house and rent it out?

Cincinnati, OH |

Would renting out a house be considered as work or are there any other issues?
All taxes will be paid, of course.

1. Yes, absolutely. The same way as an H-4 would be allowed to buy stock and otherwise invest in the stock, bond and commodities market (you would lose your sari.)

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. I would say you can. I would not see it as work.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. Yes. That person can do that as long as they do not create a management team and start working there.

4. Yes as long as you are not working, you may own property and receive rent for the property.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com

Robert Brown LLC
    1468 W.9th St., Suite 800
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113