Skip to main content

Is a paternity test necessary for child support? How you get the father to take a paternity test?

Port Orchard, WA |

The father is not on the child's birth certificate. The mother would like child support.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Contact the Family Support unit of the Prosecuting Attorney in Port Orchard. They can assist you with support issues and it will not cost you money. If there is any question about who the father is, the court will order DNA testing; the mother doesn't have to "make" him do it, the state will order it.

    Hope this helps. Elizabeth Powell