Is a notarized paper a legal binding in court?

Asked about 2 years ago - Allentown, PA

My ex-husband owes me $20,000.00 in arrears for child support. He makes monthly payments, but not the amount the court wants. He currently has a order on me for support because he has our son. Now, he wants me to drop the arrears he owes. I told him the only way I would do this is if we get a paper notarized saying the agreement is, in order to drop the arrears he owes me, he has to drop the current order on me, and he will not beable to take me back for support. Will that be a legal binding document?

1. John Edwin Daniel Larkin

Answered . Probably not. As a general matter, child support is for the welfare of the child, not the parent and, as such, parents cannot enter into bargains to pay less child support than is due.