Is a noncustodial required to disclose their home address when visitations with the child are at their home?

Detroit, MI |

Non custodial parent took minor child from my home when I was away working and refused to disclose the Address to his home where he was taking her

Based on the limited facts that you provided, it seems reasonable that you should know the address of the other parent, especially if sleepovers are taking place. However, the non custodial parent does not have to disclose every move they make with the child. They are free to enjoy the child just as you are.

Don't have a problem with them spending time together do have a problem with not knowing where she is because anything can happen. It's crazy that he won't disclose his address.

Gregory T. Klich

Gregory T. Klich

You may want to inform your court of this. I believe this would be handled swiftly as you should know where your child is staying. The FOC should also have this address. I am assuming there is a parenting time order.

Well, I suppose it depends on what the judgment says, but I don't know of a family law court in the Detroit Metro area that would approve of a parent refusing to disclose the location of a child - unless there is a history of stalking, domestic violence, interference with parenting time, etc. Your recourse is to file a motion and ask for an order requiring disclosure of the child's whereabouts during the other parent's time. An experienced family law attorney may have additional ideas about how to improve the co-parenting. I wish you all the best.

This comment is designed for general information only, and should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.