Is a non-compete agreement enforceable if the employer breaches the contract

My employer changed my pay structure without my consent. There is a clause in the contract stating that the salary can be change unilaterally by my employer. That change has represented a cosiderable decrease of my salary. Is the contract still enforceable?

Orlando, FL -

Daniel Jon Woodring

Daniel Jon Woodring

Appeals Lawyer - Tallahassee, FL

This answer should not be considered specific legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship. Generally,the answer to your question really depends on the terms of the contract you signed, if you are not sure if your employer breached the contract, you should have an attorney review the contract for you before you would do anything that is prohibited by the contract.

Joseph A Blaszkow

Joseph A Blaszkow

Business Attorney - Alexandria, VA

No competent lawyer would pretend to give you definitve advice about a contract without reading the contract. That being said, it is hard to understand your question, because you seem to say that the contract allows the employer to do what you are unhappy about. If this is the case, the employer would seem to be complying with, and not breaching the contract. Good luck.

The author of this post is licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. This post is intended as general information only, and is not provided as legal advice in connection with any specific case, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.