Skip to main content

Is a no trespass/no contact notice legal in Utah?

Jensen, UT |

Son is 18 his girlfriend is 17 and pregnant with his child. Her parents do not want us or our son to be anywhere near them. They have tried to get a protective order against him but were denied. They wrote a no trespass/no contact notice and sent it certified mail to our business adress. What do we do?

Attorney Answers 1


They can write anything they want. The police and courts will not enforce it. It does not sound like you should have anything to do with these people. You and your son can and should still contact his girlfriend.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

Mark as helpful