Is a legal procedure for my employer dening my sick pool leave due to falsely accusing me working during a workers comp claim?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Roscoe, TX

Had a work injury so I was on workers comp and had a secound job but did not work during that time. Know my work is stating that a person went to them and told them that they saw me working there. Personal stated they did an investigation but was never asked or nethier was my employer at my other job or workers comp was not notified. For that reason they stated, thats why my my sick pool was denied.

1. Matthew Bruce Lewis

Pro

2

Answered . In Texas, the workers' compensation laws allow employees who get injured on one job to continue to work at their second job, if able, and still collect workers' comp benefits. There are some hoops to jump through, but it is common and legal. You need to get a good workers' comp attorney involved in your case immediately.

2. Sean Christopher Markey

1

Answered . It's kind of a pitch in the dark. More info with a one on one consultation would be needed to flesh out the mind of the employer. Do you have a handbook? They may have a policy of simultaneous benefits (work comp combined with sick leave), one way or the other. (Allowed or not allowed). If an accusation of working a second job does actually interfere with work comp benefits you are best served by bringing this to a benefit review conference with an attorney and witnesses or witness statements in your favor.

3. George Ellis Corson IV

1

Answered . You should retain legal counsel. If you WERE working you will need some help to keep your job. If you were not not working, you will need some help to get your benefits reinstated.

4. Marilynn Mika Spencer

Answered . You did not specify a category for your question. I've shared your question with Avvo's workers' compensation and employment law forums, where your question may be seen by more attorneys who practice in this area of the law.