Is a landlord of a commercial office space required to provide a water heater in Palm Beach County, Florida.

Asked 7 months ago - West Palm Beach, FL

Or is the employer (more than 50 employees) that is leasing the space required to provide hot water?

1. Samuel David Cooper

3

1

Answered . Florida considers parties to commercial leases to be sophisticated in their knowledge and desires for an agreement. Therefore, there are few statutory protections and delineations of obligations as you would see in residential property. There is nothing in the statutes that requires a commercial landlord to provide hot water. If there is any obligation to do so, it will be contained in your lease. If the landlord is not obliged by the lease to provide hot water, it will be the tenant's responsibility to do so.

2. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

2

Answered . No. It is a matter of contract between landlord and tenant.

3. Randy Jay Harvey

2

1

Answered . This is not an employment issue. You should consult the commercial real estate section. Commercial office buildings are highly regulated by the state and are required to keep all of the mechanicals operational including hot water heaters. If you are a tenant consult your lease. You should also consult a commercial real estate attorney in your area for an accurate analysis of your lease agreement and your rights as a tenant.
    Best of luck.

One or more answers have been taken down.