Is a landlord of a commercial office space required to provide a water heater in Palm Beach County, Florida.

West Palm Beach, FL |

Or is the employer (more than 50 employees) that is leasing the space required to provide hot water?

1. This is not an employment issue. You should consult the commercial real estate section. Commercial office buildings are highly regulated by the state and are required to keep all of the mechanicals operational including hot water heaters. If you are a tenant consult your lease. You should also consult a commercial real estate attorney in your area for an accurate analysis of your lease agreement and your rights as a tenant.
    Best of luck.

NO LEGAL ADVICE GIVEN. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship set forth in a written document executed by the client and by me or a member of my firm. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. My law firm does NOT provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your case. I can give advice, make recommendations and answer specific questions only after reviewing the evidence and documents applicable to a specific client and following a personal meeting in my office in which the relevant facts can be developed and analyzed. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal administrative law; professional licenses and permits; education law; employment and labor law; and litigation matters in state and federal courts. Our practice is limited to the States of Oregon and California. If you have a case in any other state we would not be able to assist you. Unless we have a signed written fee agreement you are not my or my firm's client.

2. Florida considers parties to commercial leases to be sophisticated in their knowledge and desires for an agreement. Therefore, there are few statutory protections and delineations of obligations as you would see in residential property. There is nothing in the statutes that requires a commercial landlord to provide hot water. If there is any obligation to do so, it will be contained in your lease. If the landlord is not obliged by the lease to provide hot water, it will be the tenant's responsibility to do so.

If this answer was Helpful or the Best Answer, please click above to let me know. Representing clients on Commercial & Residential Real Estate matters Statewide for over 13 years. Development / Purchasing / Leasing / Foreclosure / Eviction / HOA

3. No. It is a matter of contract between landlord and tenant.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed.