Is a jaywalking citation valid if the officer wrote an incorrect date for my court appearance?

Austin, TX |
Filed under: Jaywalking tickets

I got the jaywalking citation on December 22, 2012 but the officer wrote my court appearance date as January 24, 2012: a clearly impassible date for me to appear. I just need to know if the citation is invalid on its face because of this "material mistake", which denies me the right to appear in Court, or is it just a clerical error which can be corrected without affecting the validity of the citation?

1. Yes the citation is valid and is fixable by the officer. Call the court and get it finished, paid or contested.

2. Clerical error. I do lots of cases in Austin Muni court and this happens a lot .
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Traffic Tickets

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

3. It's still valid, just a misnomer, they can amend it.

Traffic tickets topics