Is a jaywalking citation valid if the officer wrote an incorrect date for my court appearance?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Austin, TX

I got the jaywalking citation on December 22, 2012 but the officer wrote my court appearance date as January 24, 2012: a clearly impassible date for me to appear. I just need to know if the citation is invalid on its face because of this "material mistake", which denies me the right to appear in Court, or is it just a clerical error which can be corrected without affecting the validity of the citation?

1. Richard Timothy Jones

1

1

Answered . Clerical error. I do lots of cases in Austin Muni court and this happens a lot .
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Traffic Tickets

2. Diana Elizabeth Buss

Pro

1

Answered . It's still valid, just a misnomer, they can amend it.

3. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

1

1

Answered . Yes the citation is valid and is fixable by the officer. Call the court and get it finished, paid or contested.