Is a hearing reqd. for a Judge to sign an Order confirming the recommendation of a General Magistrate? If so what rule applies?

Orlando, FL |

If no hearing was allowed, but is required, what are the remedies?

Unless you took exceptions to the ruling of the general magistrate within ten days within the parameters of the rule, no hearing is required and the judge will sign the order confirming as a matter of course. When the matter was assigned to the magistrate, you would have received an order assigning that would have had some reference to the rules regarding magistrates. There are a number of them.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

No. Read the rules.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida. If you wish to contact the above attorney, see his profile at this website.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes