Is a grocery store responsible for property damages caused by an abandoned cart?

Asked about 1 year ago - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

We live near apartments and almost daily, we have abandoned shopping carts on our street. Today, I found one in our backyard jacuzzi! It was thrown over an 8' cement brick wall. Is Von's responsible for damages, or our Insurance? Yes, I have photos, and I have a Police Incident Report, and yes, Von's was notified. Thank you to anyone who can help...

1. Sean Patrick Lewis

Answered . I don't believe that Von's is likely to be liable unless you can show that they were somehow negligent in how they managed their carts, and that the negligence somehow was related to damage done to your property. Certainly, if you suffered damage, call you insurance company, and ask them for help. If Von's is ultimately responsible, your insurance company will involve them.