Is a golfer legally liable for breaking a window while golfing in Las Vegas , Nevada?

Las Vegas, NV |

The golfer is refusing to pay for the broken window. What are my options?

1. Typically, Yes. However, all matters have quirks. Can we get more details. For instance, where to you live (as the tee box, fairway, green)? What course? Was the golfer in a charity event? Do you have insurance? How much was the damage? Etc.

This is not specific legal or tax advice. My posting this answer is for general, non-specific information only. My answering this quesiton does not establish an attorney-client relationship,

2. The May 1986 NRPA Law Review column entitled "Golf Course Liability for Injury to Adjacent Homeowner," addressed the issue of landowner liability for injuries caused by errant golf shots landing onabuttingproperty. Inthisarticle,thecourtconcludedthattheoccasionalerrantgolfshotlandingon abutting property was not sufficiently dangerous, nor foreseeable to impose landowner liability. According to the court, "one who deliberately decides to reside in the suburbs on very desireable lots adjoining golf clubs and thus receive social benefits and other not inconsiderable advantages of country club surroundings must accept the occasional, concomitant annoyances," such as errant shots landing on the property.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.