Is a frontier land owner can fence or construct house without leaving a way for communication for another land owner?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Gearhart, OR

We have been living in our own land constructing a house for 10 years.But a frontier land owner going to fence or construct a house without leaving a way for our communication. In this area there is no other alternative road for communication. Is there any provision in law to check the land owner to do the same?

Attorney answers (5)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I'm sorry to hear of your situation. Based on the information provided, I believe it would be inappropriate for a neighboring landowner restrict access to your land, especially if it is the only access point.

    Our office is just up the road in Astoria and we would be happy to take a look at this matter for you. Give us a call (503) 325-1055.

    The comments by this author to questions posted on Avvo are designed to foster a general understanding of what... more
  2. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is very likely you will need to contact a lawyer. It sounds to me like you have a problem with easements. In oregon, there is a provision for easements for landlocked parcels, but they are generally disfavored. You may also have an easement, or right to use, based upon an adverse posession theory. It appears that english is not your first language, so it would be very adviseable for you to contact an attorney.

  3. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . contact an attorney.

  4. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The question is whether you have any easement rights or not. You should check the title to your property to determine if you have an easement agreement. If you do not have a written agreement there may be the basis for a prescriptive easement, and to get that will require you to hire an attorney.

  5. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I assume your question is about easements. Are you from another country? It is hard to understand, but if it is about access, I agree you need to consult a lawyer?

    This response is not to be construed as establishing an attorney-client relationship, and provides general... more

Related Topics

Residential property

Residential property is real estate that has been developed or zoned to be used for living, such as single family houses, apartments or mobile home parks.

Real estate zoning laws

Zoning laws are rules that limit how a particular property may be used. For example, as single-family homes, multi-family buildings, commercial, or industry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

36,573 answers this week

3,918 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

36,573 answers this week

3,918 attorneys answering