Is A Fr Hto different from a regular HTO?

Orlando, FL |

My DL is revoked for HTO for 3 DWLS... Which I am currently fighting...Now it says pending FR HTO? What does this mean?

fr usually means financial responsibility. It could be for not having insurance,or not paying child support. FR suspensions tend to be very straightforward to clear. You will still have an HTO for three DWLS within five years though

FR HTO is the financial responsibility (insurance) suspension that comes along with the original HTO revocation. It just means that you need to get SR-22 once you are eligible for reinstatement. Don't assume that you are stuck with your HTO - contact an Orlando traffic attorney to see if you can get your HTO removed, sometimes it only takes six weeks to get your license back. answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at

It is possible depending on the number of convictions and the type of DWLS convictions to get an HTO lifted. We have on many occasions helped clients by filing a motion to vacate a DWLS plea so that they can get their license back. You will need to get SR 22 which is high risk insurance once your HTO status is lifted or when you are eligible for a work permit.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI