Is a Family Law judgement dated from 2005 as status only all issues reserved my divorce paperwork?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Redwood City, CA

Is a family law judgement dated back to 2005 as status only with all issues reserved my divorce paperwork

1. Andrew Lee Westover

Pro

1

Answered . Normally a "Status Only" judgment only finalizes the dissolution of marriage and makes you both "Single" It terminates the marriage but does not finalize all the other issues. There may still be unresolved issues related to community property, debt allocation, child custody, support, etc. that have yet to be resolved.

You are "Divorced" if you have a status only judgment but your case is not yet over. You will want to consult with an experienced family law attorney in the area to fully understand your rights, options, and responsibilities related to that judgment, as well as how to truly finalize your case.