Is a DNA necessary for the paper work process?

I am a u.s born citizen and my husband and I got married about 7 months ago. Our son is 1 year and 5 moths. Is it necessary to get the DNA test?

Chicago, IL -

Michael Hugh Carlin

Michael Hugh Carlin

Immigration Attorney - Ann Arbor, MI

You should not get a DNA test unless and until US immigration officials request a DNA test. If they do, then you will be able to do the DNA tests to make sure that the tests meet the requirements.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

DNA test for what? For immigration purposes, one would only be required if requested by USCIS.

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

for what? no. what paper work do you need? adjustment for your husband? schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney to discuss.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

I agree with my colleagues ... don't do a test unless the government requires it.

Daniel Warren Thomann

Daniel Warren Thomann

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

The fact that your son was born before your marriage does not mean that you need a DNA test. As long as your husband is listed as the father on the birth certificate, or has executed an acknowledgement of paternity (or similar document), then you should not need a DNA test unless one is specifically requested. I agree with my colleagues. Good luck!

Jeffrey Jose Estrella

Jeffrey Jose Estrella

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

I agree with the others.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
Jackson Heights, NY 11370
T. (347) 628-2391
F. (718) 672-4728
E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
www.EstrellaLawyer.com

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

No