Is a DNA necessary for the paper work process?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I am a u.s born citizen and my husband and I got married about 7 months ago. Our son is 1 year and 5 moths. Is it necessary to get the DNA test?

Attorney answers (7)

  1. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should not get a DNA test unless and until US immigration officials request a DNA test. If they do, then you will be able to do the DNA tests to make sure that the tests meet the requirements.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . DNA test for what? For immigration purposes, one would only be required if requested by USCIS.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Irene Vaisman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . for what? no. what paper work do you need? adjustment for your husband? schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney to discuss.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  4. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues ... don't do a test unless the government requires it.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  5. Daniel Warren Thomann

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The fact that your son was born before your marriage does not mean that you need a DNA test. As long as your husband is listed as the father on the birth certificate, or has executed an acknowledgement of paternity (or similar document), then you should not need a DNA test unless one is specifically requested. I agree with my colleagues. Good luck! - 312.641.0771 - The information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an... more
  6. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with the others.

    Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
    Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728

    The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20... more
  7. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . No

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now