Is a DNA necessary for the paper work process?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I am a u.s born citizen and my husband and I got married about 7 months ago. Our son is 1 year and 5 moths. Is it necessary to get the DNA test?

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

7

Answered . You should not get a DNA test unless and until US immigration officials request a DNA test. If they do, then you will be able to do the DNA tests to make sure that the tests meet the requirements.

2. J Charles Ferrari

7

Answered . DNA test for what? For immigration purposes, one would only be required if requested by USCIS.

3. Irene Vaisman

6

Answered . for what? no. what paper work do you need? adjustment for your husband? schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney to discuss.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  4. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues ... don't do a test unless the government requires it.

5. Daniel Warren Thomann

3

Answered . The fact that your son was born before your marriage does not mean that you need a DNA test. As long as your husband is listed as the father on the birth certificate, or has executed an acknowledgement of paternity (or similar document), then you should not need a DNA test unless one is specifically requested. I agree with my colleagues. Good luck!

6. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

4

Answered . I agree with the others.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
    Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
    www.EstrellaLawyer.com

7. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . No

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now