Is a criminal index the same as disposition?

Asked over 1 year ago - Jackson, MS

I was arrested and no charges filed but did obtain a criminal index from the court showing arrest only. The clerk said there were no court action against me and therefore no disposition. Would the criminal index serve as a disposition?
Thank you.

The DA rejected the case which was for domestic violence. No charges were filed and the case didn't make it to court. I have expunged the arrest, I was wondering if the criminal index from court showing arrest only would serve as the disposition since no court actions.

1. Anders Ferrington

1

Answered . It is not a disposition, but the arrest will remain on your record unless expunged. Be warned, many crimes in Mississippi carry long statute of limitations so charges can be filed at a later date

2. Stacy E Pepper

Pro

1

Answered . No Court action = no disposition. You have expunged the arrest, so you have done all you can.