Is a copy from the bank of a levy/restraining order enough to satisfy proper service to liquidate one's bank account?

Asked about 1 year ago - Albany, NY

My account is up for liquidation. I was never served the restraining order papers by the judgement creditor or the US marshall, but the bank sent me a copy.

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

1

Answered . If you have notice of a restraint of your account, then you should move to vacate the judgment before the account is liquidated and the creditor takes your money.

2. Michael Niels Bruno

Pro

1

Answered . Contact an attorney to attempt to vacate the original judgment if possible. Further - there are specific guidelines that must be followed with respect to levying a restraining order on a bank. An experienced attorney can also verify that proper steps were taken.