Is a child support garnishment taken out of my check before taxes?

Tampa, FL |

Just wondering if a garnishment for child support is done prior to taxes being taken out of my checks.

I believe that it is taken out after taxes.

Your child support is deducted after taxes. Child Support is determined based upon your post-tax, net income.

Taken out after taxes and is non-deductible by the paying parent and not included as income for the receiving parent.

Sincerely,

Daniel Bachert, Esq.
The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
(561) 653-3951
Palm-Beach-Divorces.com

Please be aware and advised that this public forum is designed to provide only general information, to give you a basis of legal knowledge. This public forum does not give you attorney-client privilege. You and I have not entered into an attorney-client relationship. I am not responsible for your legal rights and this answer is based solely on the information you have provided in your question and as always, I would advise that you arrange for an in person consultation with an attorney from my firm or another Family Law attorney familiar with Florida Family Law who can analyze the specific facts and circumstances of your case more closely to better advise you.

taxes come out first, then child support. Contact my office for free consultation. 727-446-7659

Please contact Attorney Nilo Sanchez in Tampa Florida to discuss your family law matter at 813-879-4600.

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This website is not intended to provide any legal advice and you should not rely on this website for legal advice. Any statutes or other laws that are mentioned on this website may not have been updated recently and, therefore, the information on this website may not be the most current information available. Sanchez & Associates, P.A. does not give legal advice except during formal consultation and/or after an individual signs a written retainer agreement and and becomes a client of the Firm.