Skip to main content

Is a casino that comped you a room with no working heat though aware that I was disabled & refused to move me guilty of ADA rule

Valparaiso, IN |

They also allowed a worker to sexually harrass me when I complained they barred me. I have heard that is retailation than another lawyer said the whistleblower law applied. It happened on Native American casino. Please advise what type of recourse & lawyer speciality I should seek. Thank you.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Your damages seem to be at most the cost or value of the room you didn't get. Although you add that there was a subsequent harassment incident which needs more explanation for a lawyer to properly advise you. Any lawyer that handles civil suits should be able to advise you what to do next and how to proceed if you wish. Good luck.

  2. The laws on reservations are often different. It affects every aspect of your potential rights. You should find an attorney who knows the law in that particular geographic area.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

  3. This happened on federal land on a reservation. Federal law should apply and you may have a claim for violation of ADA- Americans with Disability Act. However, with damages being the price of a room, I doubt any attorney will handle this on a contingency percentage fee basis. You may be able to file a claim with a federal agency though. Call a lawyer who handles ADA claims and get some advice.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at

State, local, and municipal law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics