Is a case for wrongful use of civil proceedings required to be pled with particularity?

Whitethorn, CA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

No additional detals necessary.

Abuse of process and malicious prosecution cases are not favored. I would say, yes, you need to plead the facts which give rise to your causes of action with particularity. In most cases, unless you are trained in the law and you have a viable cause of action, you will fall short and your pleading will be subject to demurrer. Good luck.

SINCE 1974. My answers are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers assume California law. I am licensed in California, only. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice and counsel must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice and counsel during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice or counsel in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for advice and counsel. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Right you are! It did get demurred to, and was sustained with leave to amend. I did allege in the complaint that 1) defen dant ws actively involved in bringing a lawsuit (however, the lawsuit was a Restraining Order. A temporary was granted, but the permanent on was denied. A R/O is still considered a "lawsuit", right?) 2) It ended in my favor 3)That no reasonale person in defendan 'ts circumstances would've believed that there were reasonable grounds to bring the lawsuit against me, 4) that I was harmed and 5) that defendant's conduct was a substantial factor in causing that harm. Everything is provable except for #3 above. I figure that would be the point for the jury or the trier of facts to decide. I know I can't ask for legal advice here, but if I amended the cause of action to negligently filing a restraining order against me, would that be an acceptable cause of action?

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes