Is a careless driving charge in nevada the same as a wet-reckless in california?

Sacramento, CA |

My BF got a DUI in CA. When I bailed him out his bail was set as if it was his third DUI. He had 1 DUI in NV 1 careless in NV and now a DUI in CA. Are they going to consider it a second or third offense.

I don't practice in NV, but it appears that "careless driving" without alcohol is like a dry reckless here, i.e., not priorable. However, you really need to see how his case was filed in CA, or whether they alleged the NV prior.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Speak with a Nevada attorney. If careless involves alcohol , this will be his 3rd offense. Get an attorney.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

When were the convictions n Nevada? If they were both more than ten years ago, the question you ask is moot. If either or both are within ten years of the CA DUI, call an attorney to carefully compare the wording of the Nevada statutes for the Nevada convictions to the language in Vehicle Code section 23152. They may not "count" as priors.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI