Is a careless driving charge in nevada the same as a wet-reckless in california?

Asked about 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

My BF got a DUI in CA. When I bailed him out his bail was set as if it was his third DUI. He had 1 DUI in NV 1 careless in NV and now a DUI in CA. Are they going to consider it a second or third offense.

1. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . I don't practice in NV, but it appears that "careless driving" without alcohol is like a dry reckless here, i.e., not priorable. However, you really need to see how his case was filed in CA, or whether they alleged the NV prior.

2. Greg Thomas Hill

1

2

Answered . When were the convictions n Nevada? If they were both more than ten years ago, the question you ask is moot. If either or both are within ten years of the CA DUI, call an attorney to carefully compare the wording of the Nevada statutes for the Nevada convictions to the language in Vehicle Code section 23152. They may not "count" as priors.

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

1

Answered . Speak with a Nevada attorney. If careless involves alcohol , this will be his 3rd offense. Get an attorney.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777