Is a Business allowed to Delete my post on their face book page ?

Buffalo, NY |
Filed under: E-commerce Internet law

A . Can the business delete it B . Can face book delete it C . Can the business pay face book to delete it

1. Read FB's Terms of Use and direct any questions to customer support.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

2. As a FB business page user I can tell you that yes the business can delete it.

FB's TOS would let them delete anything. The business does not need to pay face book to delete it, the business can do it on their own.
    __________________
    Andrew M. Jaffe
    Attorney at Law
    Practice Limited to E-Commerce and Internet Law
    attorneyjaffe@aol.com
    330-666-5026 www.netlaws.us

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.

3. Yes they have the right to delete it. Refer to Facebook's Terms of Use.

4. Why shouldn't they be? It's their "space" on that social media.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice which requires all the details, nor creates an attorney client relationship.

5. Yes, yes, yes but not sure why they would, Facebook is not a government run forum, your rights there are governed by their own rules called a TOS or terms of Service.

This is not legal advice but a general comment on society based on a limited set of hypothetical circumstances. No one should act or refrain from acting based on these comments without seeking appropriately licensed legal or professional advice. The author disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on his comments.

6. A. Of course, yes, the business has a right to monitor its own page. Just like as if you tape a sign in the elevator of its building, it would be able to take it down.
    B. Check FB terms of service.
    C. Not necessary; see A.

To schedule a consultation, call my office at 407-965-5519. I am licensed to practice in Florida only. My answer does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice. Proper legal advice can only be given after learning all circumstances and conducting a comprehensive examination, including being able to ask questions, and cannot be given just from reading one question on an Q&A board such as this.

Business topics