Is a binding arbitration judgement a secured lien or an unsecured lien?

Asked over 5 years ago - Sacramento, CA

in a binding arbitration is the judgement a secured lien on any property that the loser of the arbitration has or is the judgement an unsecured lien?

1. Robin Mashal

Answered . Disclaimer: The materials provided below are informational and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

You need to provide additional information. What claim was being arbitrated? Did the arbitrator grant a money judgment or an order concerning title to a property? If the arbitrator awarded you money damages, you need to have a court judgment entered on it. With the judgment, you will be able to record liens against properties of judgment debtor. You must immediately consult your own attorney to protect your legal rights.

2. John M. Kaman

Pro

Answered . The judgment is an unsecured lien. When someone goes to execute on the lien it may become secured but a judgment by itself creates no lien rights.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . This is going to depend upon the wording of the document you signed.

You might find helpful my Legal Guide "How to Arbitrate a Dispute?"

You need to seek to hire a lawyer in your locale, because without a lot more detail, no further observation is possible because we cannot see the documents online.

Good luck to you. You should consult with a local attorney to determine your rights and the best remedy for your situation.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-cho...

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

God bless you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship and all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.