Is 730 evaluation same as private mediation?

Sacramento, CA |

My attorney requested the Judge for court ordered private mediation which he agreed to. The other side suggested a name and we agreed. The first meeting with the mediator is coming up shortly and I am trying to research in preparation for the first meeting. Any suggestions for the mediation preparation? I am a father who wants more time with his 2 1/2 year old son.

1. A 730 is a psychiatric/psychological evaluation. It is not mediation.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising. Liewen Law is fully compliant with every State and Federal Law, including California SB 94 and the related Civil Code Sections, as well as the FTC Mortgage Assistance Relief Services (MARS) Final Rule. Liewen Law is a debt relief agency helping consumers file for bankruptcy relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code. Liewen Law maintains this website for marketing and informational purposes only. None of the information or materials on this site is legal advice. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. Said information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While we make every effort to keep this site accurate and up to date, we do not guarantee its accuracy and are not responsible for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions.

2. Mediation is a confidential dispute resolution process; a 730 evaluation is an "evaluation", in which the evaluator, a mental health professional, reports to the court with information regarding the custody dispute, and in many cases, a recommendation. You should speak to your attorney about preparing.

3. I agree with my colleagues about the 730 evaluation versus mediation question. For mediation preparation, be ready to explain the current custody status, and why more time with the child is in the best interest of the child. Think about sample parenting plans that could work, and don't rely on just one. Think about different alternatives that actually work. Looking at how far both parents live from one another is important too, because many judges don't want children driving long distances to go to school. You can create a list of concerns that you have about the other parent's parenting. You can also create a list of what makes your home the best for your child. Co-parenting is very important. Determining custody timeshare is very difficult. These should be some ideas that can help. I hope you have trust in your attorney to help you with this process.

www.JoeTorriLaw.com

This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. This means that I am not your lawyer and I will not appear in court simply by posting on this site. If you would like me to represent you, you must call my office, sign a written fee agreement and pay a legal fee, assuming I do not have a conflict of interest and you are in Southern California. If I respond to your question and you have follow up questions by posting on this site, I may or may not reply. This information should not be construed as legal advice. I am offering my opinion. Each person's case is unique, and that's why you should contact a lawyer over the phone for a consultation for your situation. That's why you should not rely on any response that an attorney posts on this site. I am licensed in California. I am not licensed in another state or country. I do not practice law outside of California.

Child custody Topics