Is 6 months a delay in i-130 petition

South Bend, IN |

my petition was received be USCIS on the 15th october 2012 and after few weeks we got a notice and our case number. its 6 months now.do you think the time is fair enough or some thing is wrong some where

1. More information is needed. What type of I-130 petition was this?

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Mr. Behar is correct ... what kind of I-130?

Spouse of USC? 6 months is normal
    Spouse of LPR? 6 months would be too fast
    Sibling? 6 months is too fast

Look at their processing chart:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. Estimated processing times are as posted on the USCIS website.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics