Is 23140(a) VC considered a DUI? Will it show up on a background check?

Irvine, CA |

I got a 23140(a) VC charge about 3 years ago, and am getting off informal probation next month. I was wondering if employers ask if I have ever gotten a DUI, what do I respond back to them?
Also would I have any chance of becoming an outside sales rep (driving jobs) if I have previously received a 23140(a) VC charge. Would 23140(a) VC charges appear on background checks?

1. I can answer one part of your question, and not the other. Yes, your violation of Section 23140(a) will show up. The code says that the clerk must forward an abstract of your conviction to the DMV within 10 days of the conviction and the abstract shall be a public record and available for public inspedtion in the same manner as other records reports to the DMV.
    As to a job; that will depend on the employer. Good luck.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state and even county by county. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws, local rules and the area of practice in which your concern lies.

2. Yes the conviction will most likely appear on your DMV printout unless you were under 18 at the time of the offense. As far as getting a job that requires driving (like outside sales) it is not impossible but it will make life more difficult to obtain. What you should do is go to the DMV and request a copy of your DMV printout so you can see if it appears there or not.
    Robert Driessen