Is 10 day temp driving permit due to dui restricted? I was told under fl statute 322.2615 it wasn't, but don't see that verbiage

Tampa, FL |

Under Florida statute 322.2615 the 10 day temporary driving permit issued by the police officer for a DUI is not a restricted license, but would serve as full driving privileges. I don't see any verbiage in that statute regarding the 10 day permit that specifies it being restricted for business purposes, or unrestricted.

1. You need to get in touch with a local DUI/DWI lawyer, now. Any chance you have to save your license is lost unless you take action within that ten days.

Even if you win your case, if you don't act now, you will lose your license.

The temporary license you got is no more restricted than the license it replaces.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin http://addbalance.com Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police: http://addbalance.com/police.htm

2. As long as your license was valid at the time of the arrest and you do NOT have a commercial license, the DUI citation you received from the arresting officer serves as a full license for 10 days from the date of the arrest. Within that 10 day time period you(or your attorney) will need to apply for a formal review hearing and request a business purposes only permit that will typically last about 42 days. If you should have additional questions you should consult an experienced DUI lawyer.

This is not intended to be an attorney-client relationship and is my opinion only. Consult with a local attorney for additional advice.

3. Generally, your driving privilege under the 10 day temporary permit is not restricted. You may be eligible to get your driving privilege extended beyond the 10 days, but that license is restricted. You need to contact an attorney immediately to make sure you don't miss your chance to get the extended permit and also challenge the administrative suspension so you can possibly get your full driving privilege reinstated as soon as possible.

DUI topics