Is 10 day temp driving permit due to dui restricted? I was told under fl statute 322.2615 it wasn't, but don't see that verbiage

Asked about 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

Under Florida statute 322.2615 the 10 day temporary driving permit issued by the police officer for a DUI is not a restricted license, but would serve as full driving privileges. I don't see any verbiage in that statute regarding the 10 day permit that specifies it being restricted for business purposes, or unrestricted.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. David Ashley Haenel


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . As long as your license was valid at the time of the arrest and you do NOT have a commercial license, the DUI citation you received from the arresting officer serves as a full license for 10 days from the date of the arrest. Within that 10 day time period you(or your attorney) will need to apply for a formal review hearing and request a business purposes only permit that will typically last about 42 days. If you should have additional questions you should consult an experienced DUI lawyer.

    This is not intended to be an attorney-client relationship and is my opinion only. Consult with a local attorney... more
  2. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to get in touch with a local DUI/DWI lawyer, now. Any chance you have to save your license is lost unless you take action within that ten days.

    Even if you win your case, if you don't act now, you will lose your license.

    The temporary license you got is no more restricted than the license it replaces.

    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in... more
  3. Jeffrey Newton Reynolds

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . Generally, your driving privilege under the 10 day temporary permit is not restricted. You may be eligible to get your driving privilege extended beyond the 10 days, but that license is restricted. You need to contact an attorney immediately to make sure you don't miss your chance to get the extended permit and also challenge the administrative suspension so you can possibly get your full driving privilege reinstated as soon as possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,626 answers this week

3,287 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,626 answers this week

3,287 attorneys answering