Is Death due to Aspiration Pneumonia-Sepsis caused by nursing negligence in a LTAC a permanent condition?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bayonne, NJ

Approximately 2.5 months ago my father was admitted into an LTAC for what we was advise would be temporary dialysis, swallowing evaluation-peg tube in place and rehabilitation for dual surgeries. He was in there for 4 days when we the family walked in his room finding him flat in the bed with mitten restraints on unconscious and non-responsive. His peg tube feeding was loose and liquid food all over him and the bed. We had to call for help several times before the nurse assigned to the room responded. Long story short my father was transferred to the closest hospital and intubated upon arrival to the ER. A tracheal was placed 10 days later and ultimately he died the end of May. The LTAC President and representative requested to meet 2 days after the initial incident. Is this Negligence?

1. Yolanda Navarrete

6

Answered . How terrible for you and your family. It certainly sounds like negligence.

2. Michael David Lindner Jr

Pro

7

1

Answered . The medical records need to be obtained and reviewed. By the facts that you listed, the possibility exists that there is medical negligence.

3. Patrick X Amoresano

Pro

5

Answered . Certainly sounds like negligence.

4. David Ian Schoen

Pro

5

Answered . Could be. Consult with a local medical malpractice attorney and have them review the records.

5. Tatiana Kadetskaya

5

Answered . The medical records would need to be review by a New Jersey lawyer. Here, www.Personal-Injury-Lawyer-New-Jersey.com

Pro

4

Answered . Do you have the medical records?

One or more answers have been taken down.