Is $500.00 a fair amount to be offered by GM for airbags not deploying.

Asked over 1 year ago - Brookings, OR

My daughter and I were in an accident. The right front of the vehicle was damaged. The airbags did not deploy. GM just offered $500.00 each for compensation. Is this a fair amount or do I need to hire an attorney?

1. Sean P DuBois

Pro

4

Answered . Unfortunately, no ethical attorney can answer a question like this. To answer the question of the value of a case takes months of research, understanding the causes and the effects. Most personal injury attorneys do offer free consultations, however, and may be able to give you a better idea of your options after speaking with you and your daughter personally. You may want to speak with an attorney before signing anything to ensure that your rights are protected.

2. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

4

Answered . Without knowing what damages you and your child received, no one here on Avvo.com can answer your question.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Pro

4

Answered . You are likely being offered a tiny fraction of the true value of the case as you are not being represented by an attorney. Retain a personal injury lawyer to get the maximum possible compensation.