Is $22.000 enough for my joint sponsor to support me for my green card ?? All answer will be appreciated. Thanks

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I am an international student with an expired f-1 student visa, it expired 5 months ago. I am married to an American citizen, but she doesn't make enough money. Her best friend wanna help us, but she makes only $22.000, and she doesn't claim nobody. Is that enough for her to be my sponsor ?? And i don't know if this will help, but in two months i will have on my bank account around $ 7.000. Can that help ? Thank you so much

1. Gintare Grigaite

5

Answered . Depends on your household number. If it is 2 people, then it should be sufficient. Also, showing funds in the bank account is great source to show you will be financially stable to support your spouse.

2. Dean P Murray

4

1

Answered . Assuming that your your spouse's best friend has no dependants and is not currently sponsoring another immigrant, she would only need to have income of $18,912.

However, I strongly suggest that you contact a lawyer for a comprehensive assessment, whether myself or one of my colleagues. In addition, you should consider retaining a lawyer to assist you with this process. The benefits far outweigh the costs, especially considering the extra months that you would have to wait if your application were denied the first time around.

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

3

Answered . If the joint sponsor has no other dependents, and has not sponsored any other immigrants, then $22,000 per year will be sufficient. I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney about your case.

4. Shachar S. Malachovsky

1

Answered . If your wife's friend has no dependents then the amount is enough if she can prove it with current income statements or pay checks and past recent federal income tax returns/transcripts and a US passport or US birth certificate with state ID or a green card. However your wife is still the sponsor and they both need to file an 1-864. I would urge you to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer before filing as there are many details that need to be reviewed before submitting the affidavit of support and evidence.